EUGENE, Ore. — Two Colombian nationals living unlawfully in the United States have pleaded guilty in federal court for their roles in a multi-state burglary conspiracy that targeted Asian American small business owners in Oregon and Washington, prosecutors announced.
Derinson Martinez-Grandas, 34, and Steven Alexander Quiroga-Solano, 27, each pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit interstate transportation of stolen goods.
According to court documents, the two men and their co-conspirators carried out a series of residential burglaries in October 2025, targeting homes belonging to Asian American small business owners in multiple states, including Oregon and Washington.
Investigators said the burglary crew traveled between states, using internet research to identify potential victims. The group reportedly stayed in short-term rental properties while conducting surveillance and reconnaissance on targeted homes.
Authorities said the defendants used sophisticated methods during the burglaries, including signal-jamming technology, perimeter countersurveillance, and seven-way group phone calls to coordinate their actions. The suspects allegedly entered homes by shattering glass doors before ransacking residences and stealing cash, jewelry, designer handbags, wallets, travel documents, and other valuables.
After the burglaries, investigators said the group returned to rental properties to package and prepare the stolen goods for transport or transfer.
The investigation intensified following a burglary in Salem, where detectives learned the suspects had returned to a rental home in Eugene. Law enforcement officers executed a search warrant at the property that same night.
During the search, investigators recovered cash and property believed to have been stolen from several homes, along with more than a dozen cell phones allegedly used by the burglary crew. Authorities also found evidence of money wire transfers to Bogotá, Colombia, Colombian travel documents and passports, and commercial-grade Wi-Fi signal jammers that were plugged in and charging after their suspected use earlier that day.
Federal investigators said searches of the defendants’ electronic devices uncovered additional evidence tying them to the conspiracy, including shared coordinates for targeted homes, surveillance communications, and messages discussing burglary targets.
Court records allege Quiroga-Solano researched Chinese restaurants two days before the crew burglarized the home of a family that owned one. Authorities also said he was near a victim’s home in Gresham the night before it was burglarized, allegedly conducting surveillance in preparation for the crime.
Martinez-Grandas was accused of securing short-term rentals for the group in Auburn and Eugene and mapping the Salem residence on the day of that burglary. Prosecutors said both defendants later returned to the Eugene rental to package stolen property after the Salem break-in.
Each defendant faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison, a fine of up to $250,000, and three years of supervised release. Sentencing is scheduled for July 14, 2026, before a U.S. District Court judge.
The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Eugene Police Department, with assistance from the Salem, Auburn, and Gresham police departments. Assistant U.S. Attorney William M. McLaren is prosecuting the case.
Discover more from Right Now Oregon
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
